The Visitor Center at the HH&LC is your first step to exploring the homestead. Guided tours allow you to walk in the footprints of people from the past while interpretive panels and educational exhibits share the stories of:
- History of the Early Settlers and Pioneers
- Ute History of the region and site
- Hutchinson Family History
- Preservation History of the site
- High-altitude ranching past, present & future
- The Role of Cowhands on the ranch
Hands-on activities engage our younger visitors and families, including a trunk filled with ranching duds for young cowboys and cowgirls to try on. Meet Hutchinson family members and catch a glimpse into the lives of high country ranchers by watching a video highlighting interviews with 3 generations of Hutchinsons.
The HH&LC Visitor Center Hours:
Through the summer 2017 summer season, the Visitor Center is open 10am-4pm Fridays and 2-4pm Saturdays (beginning June 17), or By Appointment. Please call (719)239-0955 or email email@example.com to schedule a visit.